Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kmlevin Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to reset a password on Omni 10 when you can't remember the current password?

I have an HP Omni 10 running MS Windows 8.1.  I can log onto my system using a PIN, but I can't remember the original password, so I am unable to change the PIN or change the password.  How can I set up a new password?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
45640 4311 10956
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to reset a password on Omni 10 when you can't remember the current password?

If you are using a PIN then it is coupled to your Microsoft email account. 

Log into your PC and then go to settings --> Accounts. Click on the Manage my Microsoft account link.

Your Microsoft account will be identified and your will be able to change your password.

Click on the Thumbs up to say thanks .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
kmlevin Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The system won't let me go to the MS account without entering my current password for this tablet.  I had thought that my current password for the tablet was my MS password, but it appears that it isn't. 

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
45640 4311 10956
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kmlevin wrote:

The system won't let me go to the MS account without entering my current password for this tablet.  I had thought that my current password for the tablet was my MS password, but it appears that it isn't. 

Changing your Microsoft account can be done on a different PC.

What is the complete product name or product number of your Omni tablet?

It should be present on the bottom of the tablet in very small characters.

We cannot help you with resetting a Windows account password.

A notebook or PC shop that has access to the version of MSDaRT (Microsoft and diagnostics toolkit) can help you to reset the password in a manner of minutes. Check your local paper and telephone book for shops and call to ask if they have access to the MSDaRT Toolset and the Locksmith utilty that is part of it.  Let them know what your OS is. Let them know that your tablet has a USB 2.0 port. Microsoft DaRT 8.1 is what is needed.

Click on the Thumbs up to say thanks .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation