Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (495 Views)

How to restore genuine os after reformat

Hi guys!

I currently encountered with my pavilion dm4-1165dx notebook with a windows 7 home premium os . I purchased this unit last 2011 in saudi arabia the problem started when my niece plays with it and she keeps on pressing the power switch which i may think cause the os to be corrupted . I have this reformat last week using windows 7 professional os the problemright now is hp cant download some of the drivers and softwares. i already downloaded hp support assistant and it says my warranty already expires thus i cant download some of the drivers. can i restore my genuine OS using the Windows 7 pro im currently using right now?

Waiting for your helpful advice guys,

thinblade71

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 2 (480 Views)

Re: How to restore genuine os after reformat

I also have same problem,so I installed same version of windows ,but it ain't work in any way...so you have to order hp recovery media from hp..
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation