cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Abhishek_Chopde Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to solve error 720

Hi,

I am using windows 8 on my Hp 2000 but when i try to connect my dongle it gives mi a error messege that "A remote connection to this computer could not be established."

How to solve this problem please  help me...

<script charset="UTF-8" type="application/javascript" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js"></script>
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
333 322 26 85
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to solve error 720

Hi Abhishek,

Here is your solution:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314869

Maybe it is a good idea to install dongle with offical installer from the provider , it should automaticly fix the error 720.

Good luck , all the best!!!

<<<-------***
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Abhishek_Chopde Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to solve error 720

But that solution is just for windows 2000
0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
333 322 26 85
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to solve error 720

Hi Abishek ,

This is solution for protocols , and for error 720 ,  it is the same for all windows. When the settings in your VPN connection (dongle) and server (your provider) does not have the same protocol , then comes eror 720.

Do you have instalation disk for this dongle (or some official program)?

When you run it , it should fix the problem , becouse it will sett a new connection with right parameters.

If you don't have it ,first you must call the provider of your dongle and ask him about RAS parameters.

Then , with this data , pres win+X keys , open Network connections , right click on VPN connections , properties , dialog tab ,networking tab and there be sure that you have the same protocol , if you don't have (and this is why error720 comes) , click install , Protocoll , add.

Click the protocol that you need to install, and then click OK.

Close and thry to connect.

I sent you the artical above , so you can understand the nature of the error720. From times of window 95 , nothing change in the procedure how two computers ( yours and provider server ) comunicates.

As I told you before , the best way is to ask your provider for official instalation disk or program , it should fix this error automatcly.

Good luck , wish you all the best!!!

<<<-------***
**We use to click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation