cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Hp1888
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

How to solve my hard disk smart check my pc isnt starting

HP Recommended
My laptop isn't starting it says hard drive smart check failed what does that mean please help me with this
1 REPLY 1
KY_WD
Level 4
137 105 3 7
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Hp1888,

Welcome to the forum! The error that you receive on the screen means that the HDD most probably has failed and needs a replacement. Does your laptop still have warranty? If so, you can bring it to an authorized by HP techinician to make the test of the HDD and other components, because the problem could be hiding not only in the HDD, but in other place too.

If the warranty has expired, if you possess knowledge of the laptop's hardware, please open the lid and take out the hard drive. Connect it to another place like another laptop or PC via SATA-USB cable or an external case and check if the drive can be recognized.

Good luck!

Western Digital representative
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation