cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JoeyU Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to type in my own restore point

Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

DNSunlocker was put on my computer and I can't uninstall it; the message is, "this file does not exist." 

I would like to create a restore point BEFORE this was installed.  How do I do this??

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
9,777 8,627 704 3,174
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to type in my own restore point

Hello and welcome onboard !

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

I'm afraid what you like is not possible - you cannot create a System Restore point now for a time in the past. That's because now is now and past has gone simply 🙂 You cannot return it.

You can create a restore point NOW which you can use in the FUTURE to get back system files to state NOW. But this is not recommended at the moment as your computer is infected.

DNSunlocker is known adware/malware/virus. It is a nasty one. You can find more information about it here >> https://malwaretips.com/blogs/ads-by-dnsunlocker-removal/

Please, follow the instructions in MalwareTips website (skip Step 2 for AdwCleaner) - run the rest of the programs and steps to get rid of this pest.

Please, let me know how it goes after that and if this helped.

For future protection, check how you protect yourself, what sites you visit and what you install. Use reputable security products (hopefully not free AV software). We could discuss this eventually once your machine is clean. You may also want to change your most important passwords for bank accounts, emails, social networks once you are clean.

****  Please, click on the button below to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helped you
****  Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or give LIKE
I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation