cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
duuhi1yes Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp 17-f

Pavilion 17-f
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hey, I accidently spilled coffee under my 17-f laptop  a month ago and it didn't start so I thought that the motherboard had been broken. So I opened it and checked what simillar motherboards looked like and I have not been able to figure out exactly whitch motherboard I could purchase to make my laptop work again.

I have this one : 

Motherboard

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp 17-f

HI @duuhi1yes,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a fantastic site to find information, tips, and suggestions. For you to have the most rewarding experience please review the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. What is your precise model of Pavilion 17 f?  HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I understand that you spilled coffee on your notebook about a month ago and now it will not start. Thinking it was the motherboard had to be the issue you opened the notebook and compared the motherboard but were unable to decide on a replacement. I would be happy to look into that for you, but will need the above, requested information. You may find this article very interesting. Laptops and Liquids: A Cautionary Tale (from bestbuy.com/t5/Geek-Squad).

To express appreciation for my post please click the Thumbs Up Icon”.  If my post resolves the issue you are experiencing, please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find what worked for you!

Sparkles1

duuhi1yes Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp 17-f

Hi, thank you for your response. 

The model number is HP 17-f010 and was bought in UK.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
duuhi1yes Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp 17-f

Furthur details: 

HP Pavilion 17-f010na 17.3-inch Laptop Notebook PC (Natural Silver) - (Intel Core i5 1.70GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD

Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp 17-f

Hi @duuhi1yes,

Thank you for your response and the requested information.  Here is a link to the HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide. Please see chapter 3, page 28, item 8 for the recommended system board replacements. 

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation