Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question
Hp 6735b won't boot
Replies (14)

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 11 of 15 (6,776 Views)

Re: Hp 6735b won't boot

[ Edited ]

Wherever you buy motherboards or any computerware that is, stay away from www.totobay.com

Tutor
Message 12 of 15 (6,548 Views)

I have the same problem with the 5 times blinking LEDs,  today I have revceived a new mainboard from china ("fully tested and brand new"), but the error still persists.

Any suggestion? Has anyone managed this error?

kind regards from Germany

Nicker321

Tutor
Message 13 of 15 (6,307 Views)

Hi again,

I have send it in to China for exchange. Today I have received the replacement motherboard, but the same error again - 5 times blinking, black screen, no matter if I try to start with or without the daughterboards and interface cables, no matter if I try another CPU or not, another memory or not, if I press the nothbridge chip, the keyboard...

What the hell is going on there? How can I find the real error?

a very frustrated and angry former customer of HP

Provost
Message 14 of 15 (6,248 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

It looks then this motherboard which you bought is defected.

There is one very important rule. Always buy products from a trusted source.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Tutor
Message 15 of 15 (6,244 Views)

a trusted source?

Oh dear, as long as these "trusted sources" are charging nearly 400 $ or more for a "new" motherboard I will try to keep my money and search for cheaper sources. For this price I will get a good new notebook...

And these sources also claim their parts as new. Aren`t they?

Even a refurbished motherboard will do its work for the rest of the notebooks life.

regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation