cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
KinkTheMook Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Envy 15 U010dx Battery Not charging, Not detected!

Hp Envy 15-u010dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,
I know there is a few post on this particular issue and I will list what I have attempted to do.

1. Deleting the charging driver (and also AC Adapter)
2. Pulling the plug using windows+b+power
3. Updating bios to latest.
4. Checked all the wall outlets in my house.

5. Used Hp Assist Center/Bios to check battery status.

I keep hitting error 601 mainly and have hit error 502 on boot.  In the HP battery checker the both batteries are not detected which is weird.  It's like the battery is not plugged in because both batteries are grayed out, is there any reason why this should be?  I'm really hoping I dont have to replace the  battery or it is covered under the "battery recall" I saw on the hp site somewhere.  This laptop is hardly used by my mother as she really has only been using it for work for the past year-year and a half, I would say nothing over 200 charge cycles.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
41,441 38,140 3,339 14,019
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Envy 15 U010dx Battery Not charging, Not detected!

In your troubleshooting have you tried booting with battery removed? Sometimes that helps after you boot once and shut down to reinstall battery.

The battery recall program is here:

https://h30686.www3.hp.com/?lang=en-US

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation