cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Hp Envy 17 3090 NR Typing Issue - Keyboard Issue - Typing Lag - Dropped Letters

HP Recommended

Hello,

I literally just received my new envy 17, and upon opening it and setting it up for first time use, I realized the keyboard is completely unusable for typing, literally every other letter is dropped while I am typing. I have scoured the web for a solution, and yes, the touchpad is turned off, I'm not simply hitting it with my hand, it is almost as if it cannot keep up with my typing speed. I work for xbox as a tech and this laptop is my main work machine, and will not suffice as is, please respond asap. To illustrate my issue, please find below the same paragraph I have typed just now, but without corrections.

ACTUAL DEMONSTRATION:

I literally justcved my neenvy17, and upon opening and setting i upfor first time ,I rliz keyboard i completely unusabfor typing, lerallyevery ther letter is droed while am tping.I ha eour the web for a solu, and yes, the touchpad is turned o, I'm notmiply hitting it with my hand, it is almost as if it cannot keep up with my typingepd. I work fxboxas a tech and this lapt is my main wok machine, and will not suffice a is, please respond asap. To illustrate my iss, ae find below the same paragraph i have typed just now, but wout corrections.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry for the double post, but I just realized something which may or may not be of some use to you.

I disconnected my old ps2 keyboard from my laptop and hooked it up to a ps2 to usb conversion cable and plugged it into my envy, and the issues are not occuring with this keyboard, perhaps there is something wrong with the physical keyboard itself in its design? Perhaps the keys are not as responsive as they should be or something of the sort? I've tried firmly (but gently) applying pressure to the keyboard and I cannot see any issue there, it seems to be firmly in place and doesn't flex or give. Does it just need to broken in? In which case, do you know roughly how long that would take, it defeats the purpose of having this wonderful backlit full-sized keyboard if I cannot use it...

Thanks for your time,

Andrea L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Alright last posting for this evening I swear-

So I seemed to have mostly fixed the issue. I have to enable hardware virtualization in the bios inorder to run the Remote Desktop I need for work - in doing so I seem to have some how fixed the issue. Either that or plugging in the other keyboard fixed it. I no longer have the typing issues at all, infact this entire paragraph was typed using the keyboard on the envy (not the plugged in one) with extremely nominal corrections (mostly being from the fact I had forgotten to turn off the touchpad at start up, and from my own actual typing errors lol.)

So now that I have this sorted out and it works in general, I thought I would share my findings with the world, and with you, Hp Techs.

Edit: Also, in order for anyone else looking to try this, to enable hardware virtualization, simply press escape when you start your pc and select the bios settings, then scroll to the far right (before the save section) and enable it there.

-Andrea L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
6 3 0 10
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am haing keyboard issues as well. Ippm not gpoing to correct any typpos created by this keyboarpd in this article. A syou can see, the pkey pis firing whenever my fingper merely pglances over it. This is very unacceptable.

Now, all I'm going to pdo is hold my finger on toppppppp of the key for 5 seconds...

Starting now: pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

There, I didnt ppppppress down on the ppppppppppp once then. When I do ppress on the ppppppp many times it ppppppppppppppppresses more than once.

Can yopu imagine typing with this defective keyboard????

I've only been using this device for 30 minutes and already can't stand it.

I cant even hook it up to my existing systemp because it doesnt have a fricking DVI or CRT output ;o

Oh many... The yyy key is almost as bad. My password has a pppppppppp in it. Typing it is pretty hard ;o

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have serious issues with my keyboard and touch pad too.  it doesn't want to capitalize any of my letters, plus the same typing issues that everyone else mentions.  andrea L mentions something to do, but i don't understand what the end result with be- disable the keyboard?  is that what I'm doing when i follow these instructions?  What is hardware virtualization?

"to enable hardware virtualization, simply press escape when you start your pc and select the bios settings, then scroll to the far right (before the save section) and enable it there."

can i just have my money back?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I just bought the HP Envy dv6t-7200 quad high end notebook PC and I am extremly frustrated with the keyboard. I've been using less than a week and the space bar and certain keys require so much pressure that I can not use it. I s there a way to adjust this? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,395 279 526
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello c4u,

Key sensitivity regarding pressure can not be changed, only repeat delay and speed can be adjusted.

If you have just purchased the laptop I would go to a store that has one one display check to see if that keyboard has the same issue, sometimes with a new laptop it could be just something that requires getting used to.

If the other one is not the same way there may be something wrong with the keyboard and since it's new you should look at possibly getting a replacement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy Laptop type lag in gmail (replies and new email)
So, I've been having some issues with the new HP Envy Laptop m6-n010dx (2014).
AS I was typing there was a lag... from 1 second to 4 seconds sometimes. That was very annoying and thought maybe the keyboard was defective.
So I've been doing a bit of digging and found that in fact it was in my case, the Skype Chrome Plugin.
Initially I read that people switched to other browsers and that fixed their issues. For me that wasn't an option so I went to troubleshoot Chrome.
First, I disabled or removed all my Chrome plugins, then restarted the Chrome browser with just Gmail tab open. So it worked fine, the type lag disappeared!
I added my avast plugin, my Google Chromecast / Cast and things were working fine still.
So I went and added the Skype plugin and the typing lag issue came back straight away.
I emphasise that the browser needed to be restarted each time.
Please post your findings.

Thanks,
Mike

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation