Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JoanneInOz Tutor
Tutor
15 8 0 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Envy 17" Left Bottom Casing Separating Upon Opening

HP ENVY 17 Leap Motion SE NB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is out of waranty but have just noticed that when I open it to turn it on the left hinge is forcing the bottom black casing and the top silver casing to separate on the back left corner. I have seen many others posts where this seems to be an issue with these model laptops. Has anyone been abe to get theirs fixed or did they fix it themselves? Is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks in advance :)

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired Omar-E
Retired
10015 6655 119 419
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JoanneInOz

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
0 Kudos
rbasmaci Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm currently experiencing the same exact issue. Conviently, my warranty has just expired as well. This issue is in the left hand corner of my laptop and the base is separating for the keyboard. This causes problems with opening the laptop. This issue is also now effecting the keyboard, as it randomly copies and pastes information when typing, that is if the keyboard is working. I have attempted to get this issue resolved, except every expert I have talked to, to try and fix this issue tells me that I need to replace the base of my computer. Unfortunately, since my computer is so new, bases for this computer are unavailable unless I want to buy a brand new HP envy, which I never plan on doing. I am responding to this forum in hopes that I can salvage my HP and I can still continue to be a consumer of HP products. Also hoping that maybe a solution has already been created for this issue. I hope you guys can help me resolve this and get my computer up and running. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation