Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
YoannFromParis Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Envy 17 touchscreen SDHC Card reader do not read card in Windows 10

HP Envy 17 TS Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The SDHC Card reader of my HP Envy 17 TS Notebook does not detect/read/write any card.

I have updated all the drivers.

The device manager shows a warning:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)
The request is not supported.

Device PCISTOR\Disk&Ven_RSPER&Prod_RTS5208LUN0&Rev_1.00\0000 was migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: PCISTOR\DISK&VEN_REALSIL&PROD_RTS5208LUN0&REV_1.00\0000
Class Guid: {4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Location Path:
Migration Rank: 0xF00000000000F100
Present: false"

I tried to disable/enable the reader but no luck.

The reader was working fine in Windows 8.1 with the same card: Sandisk 32 Gb  Extreme plus.

Please Help!

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
3533 181 475
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@YoannFromParis,

Hello and thanks for posting on the HP support forums.  When dealing with the issues from doing an update to Windows 10 there are a few things that may work to fix the issue.

First thing to try is running the Windows Update Troubleshooter.

The next step is to run the HP BIOS recovery to reload the BIOS to see if it will sync up with the operating system.

HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS

And if this fails to fix the problem, if you did the update to Windows 10 you can do the stand alone installation to see if it fixes any conflict.

Download Windows 10

The other option is to roll back to the previous operating system until new updates get released by Microsoft and then uploaded on the HP support page for your notebook.

Please let me know how things go.  Thanks again for posting and have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

Before restoring the bios to the previous version I would like to make sure there is not a new version.

My laptop bios is F.65

Could you tell me where to find where to download it?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After many attempts of reinstalling the Realtek drivers from the HP website and updating both windows 10 and Hp Assistant, the SDHC card reader still does not read any card.

Could you help me please finding a solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here we are, a year and half after my post and still no solution!

Apparently, not the only one in this case...

I installed the last Realtek driver for the SD card reader.

After reboot, I inserted a SD card, heard the windows sound of a new drive but nothing on the screen.

Windows disk managment shows no traces of the SD card.

Ran the Windows troubleshooter, fixed a SDHC problem but windows refused to restart and I had to restore to the previous restore point.

It would be nice if HP could provide a solution for this problem!

Thank you

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation