cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jchris1901 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Envy k004 keypad doesn't work when g, h, backspace, win , * keys are pressed

Hp Envy k004 tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer keypad was working fine till some three hours back and all of a sudden it stopped responding when the above mentioned keys are pressed and so I tried all the usuals like swapping keyboards restarting after unplugging the battery and all that failed. When I ran a diagnosis on the keypad the following code popped up saying keyboard failed.

6C2F3R-7848AT-MFPV7G-G03W03

How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,419 21,032 1,379 2,169
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @jchris1901,

Thank you for showing your interest in the HP Forums,

I'd like to help 🙂

As I understand  you are having issues with your HP keyboard where some of the keys are not working and you have tried running the test which failed with an error code.

I did try to decode the error and this clearly indicates an issue with the keyboard. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for available service options. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 

Step 1. Open link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear. 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards, 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

jchris1901 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The problem was due to a windows update so as soon as I uninstalled that particular update and hid it from updating in future my keypad issue got resolved and all the keys function properly now. The update that was causing the problem was Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3201845).

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,419 21,032 1,379 2,169
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @jchris1901,

Thanks for replying.

Glad to hear you got it working and thanks for posting this information over here so that it can help other customers. If you need any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again. Take care!

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Thanks & Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation