cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
robomilo
1 1 0 0
Message 31 of 92
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp G6000 Startup Problems

Thanks smileygeckos for your fix

I have the g6000 in parts, do you class the GPU chip as the 27mm x 27mm one or the chip on top of that which is 10mm x 7mm.

Thanks

0 Kudos
smileygeckos
Level 3
26 24 0 11
Message 32 of 92
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's 

The chip directly next to the CPU (The one mounted in the white bracket with flat head screw release. It may have Nvidia written on it. The actual chip is fairly small, but you will want to heat the entire pcb rectangle that the chip is sitting on too.

At the top. You have the big, white CPU mount, just to the right of that, you will see a darker green looking rectangle, slightly smaller than the CPU mount. This is the GPU.  I hope this works for all of you!

Smileygeckos 🙂

smileygeckos
Level 3
26 24 0 11
Message 33 of 92
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, I misunderstood you there, You want to heat up the entire 27x27mm rectangle, just to make sure the thing is re soldered. Make sure to get lots of pressure with the foil between the GPU and heat sink. This will stop the problem from reoccurring. 🙂

Smileygeckos

chenscc1
1 1 0 0
Message 34 of 92
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Smileygeckos,

I got the same problem as others, completely. 

I  appreciate your advices on repairing HP G6000 - GPU unsoldered. I want  to repair it as you described. The issue is that I don't know how to disassemble the machine. I can find some videos on disassembling notebooks on YouTube, but they are not HP G6000 models. Anyway I am going to try it.

Thank you 

Shuwo

0 Kudos
smileygeckos
Level 3
26 24 0 11
Message 35 of 92
Flag Post
HP Recommended

dear chenscc1, Please be very, very careful when you are taking the laptop apart. I accidentally destroyed the speaker wire the first time I tried it... Anyway, If you want me to make a video, I am more than happy to. 🙂

Just post if you need any help.

smileygeckos 😛

sergeiwales
1 1 0 0
Message 36 of 92
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i ve got the same problem with my g6000, got another hp 530 but that one never failed. just cant get over how crap the g6000s are.

anyway smileygeckos i ve got my g6000 in bits now and will try and fix it as you advised. the only thing is i want to put everything back together in the same place and i cant find any video manuals on you tube. do you think you could do that for us amatures?

thanks

0 Kudos
smileygeckos
Level 3
26 24 0 11
Message 37 of 92
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I will try to make a decent video for you, But I am to be honest, not a professional myself.

The video should be done this week, so check back on this page to see If I have posted a link.

Smileygeckos 🙂 

0 Kudos
smileygeckos
Level 3
26 24 0 11
Message 38 of 92
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just found a great site. I wish I had seen it earlier. It has videos, photos and much better info than I can give.

By the way, the HP DV9000 is the american version of the HP G6000.

Hello.

www.insidemylaptop.com

Smilygeckos 🙂

hpsuksss
1 1 0 0
Message 39 of 92
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I think I've got the same problem, my laptop (HP G6000) will not start-up at all, I press the power button and it lights up and goes straight back off after 2 seconds. Nothing boots up at all, this used to happen and all I needed to do was insert the power cable and it would start up after I pressed the power button with the cable inserted.

Now it simply won't start at all, is there any way this can be fixed or am I screwed as well.

Thanks HP only had it for a year and a half

0 Kudos
smileygeckos
Level 3
26 24 0 11
Message 40 of 92
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi hpsuksss.

You can try my fix, I still have to do that power thing now...

I'm thinking about buying a new laptop. (not from HP this time

as I have had a VERY bad experience) Customer support is

down the drain, so they let customers complain to each other

on this forum instead...

Same problems, Same fix???

I hope you have luck.

Smileygeckos

WARNING! Do not buy HP G6000, as it is a doomed machine!

HP, Fix this cooling issue!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation