Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tysonggraham Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp G72 Bios Corrupt. Failure Flashing Bios with SP52604.exe

HP G72-250US
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My harddrive recently failed and it cannot be recovered. However, now that the harddrive has failed, I can't put any harddrive or ssd in there even if they have working OS' installed. I even tried various OS' with bootable USB's. Freedos is the only OS that seems to run via USB. 

I went through the hp support video: "How to update BIOS when windows does not run" but don't have the "Firmware Patching" option is not available as my update utility version is 3.3.7 rather than the 5.something version featured in the video.

The exe provided(SP52604.exe) is... well and EXE! I need an iso or bin or something for freedos 1.0 to run it.

I have tried using Freedos 1.1 which should run exe's however, I cannot find a bootable image of freedos 1.1 to put on usb. 

What else can I do to flash the bios? 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation