cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dentcb
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp Pavilion 17 has no service door

HP Recommended
Pavilion 17-f050nd
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently purchased a Pavilion 17-f050nd notebook. It has been operating fine, but recently the cooling fan has started making noise, and I decided to open up the machine and investigate.

I the realised this notebook doesn't have a service door on the back of it, like any other notebook, but rather a flat surface, as can be seen in this image.

I am unsure how to proceed. I have searched for Pavilion 17 disassembly manuals, but have only found manuals for models that do have an access door.

What I am asking for is if anyone can show me how to open up my notebook or if anyone can point me to a correct manual for my notebook model (Pavilion 17-f050nd). 

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Malygris1
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 454 848
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @dentcb

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.  I understand that you are looking for assembly instructions, and I am happy to help.

Here is the Service and maintenance guide for the family of notebooks.

HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide

Let me know if that works for you.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation