cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
peter828
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Hp Pavilion Touchsmart 14 won't boot

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have an ultrabook Pavilion Touchsmart 14-n020ed running win8.1

Product: F1D89EA#ABH

- Laptop won't boot and gives error: ‘System thread exception not handled (iaStorA.sys)’ and reboots over and over.

- Automatic recovery gives same error.

- Pressing F9, Boot from EFI file gives another error: ‘no volume label[Acpi(PZNP0A03…..’. Tried every *.EFI , which results in same error as above.

- Inserting multiple bootable DVD’s to recover gives this error: ‘Driver IRQL not less or equal (iaStorAV.sys)’

Please advice what to do. I need this laptop for my work urgently.

kind regards,
Peter

2014-03-20 08.25.02.jpg2014-03-20 10.26.29.jpg2014-03-20 12.00.55.jpg

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
MechPilot
Retired
Retired
7,336 6,290 359 764
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi peter828,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand the notebook can not successfully boot, stating "System thread exception not handled (iaStorA.sys)". I would be happy to assist you!

When running the bootable DVD, Windows is trying to to utilize memory using IRQL (or kernel process) and the error appears when doing so. This can occur after replacing a hard drive, or any PC hardware for that matter.

Since you cannot boot into Windows, this would suggest that there is a hardware issue. I'm going to refer you to this document on Testing for Hardware Failures. This will show you how to run hardware diagnostics without booting into Windows. It will let you know what hardware is failing.

Once all the troubleshooting has been attempted, please post your results, with some more screenshots if possible.

I look forward to your reply, and I will continue to research this issue further in the meantime. Thank you for posting!

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
peter828
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Mechpilot,

Thanks for your reply.

I ran the extensive test, but strange enough everything seems fine...?

I also ran the component tests separate, but nothing strange to find. 

No hardware was replaced, it is in original state, I even never opened it.

Any others things I can try?

cheers,

Peter

Naamloos.jpg

0 Kudos
MechPilot
Retired
Retired
7,336 6,290 359 764
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi peter828,

Since the hardware on your notebook shows as functional, I recommend following this document on when a Computer Does Not Start (Windows 😎. There will be a list of quick links at the beginning of the document. The one that contains the necessary solution will be link that says "Troubleshooting other issues with computer not starting".

If after completing the remaining steps in the document and the error still remains, please call our technical support at 1-800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Regards

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
peter828
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Mechpilot,

I also tried these steps, without  a solution.

I contacted HP Netherlands, they will pick it up and it will be repaired.

Thanks anyway.

Cheers,
Peter

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation