Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
davidarthurcox Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Pavilion d v 6 t Notebook P.C. upgraded W-7, to W-10 lost system restore recovery and f-11

After upgrade from w-7 to w-10 system restore/recovery and f-11 refresh vanished along with the 13.7 gb

recovery partition which became unallocated space and then vanished altogether,reinstalled /switched back to w-7. how can I FIX  /   REPARE /RESTORE MY  RECOVERY DRIVE?  FACT 34 GB's of my hard drive perhaps contain 2 or 3 w-7 ops. help me restore my laptop to original factory condition THANK YOU.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
43828 3251 13550
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Pavilion d v 6 t Notebook P.C. upgraded W-7, to W-10 lost system restore recovery and f-11

Windows 10 upgrade very often messes up f11, recovery partition,etc. Once done only way to get back to Factory setup is booting from Recovery Media-either USB or DVD. Did you make your Recovery Media before upgrading?

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation