Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Felltah5 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Probook 6465b

Hp Probook 6465b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hey, this Is my first time posting probably ever in any forum.  Im not a genius when it comes to computers, but I more than get buy.  I have a home studio that I have had for almost 4 years now.  I bought my laptop new for this purpose also 4 years ago.  I needed firewire and couldn't quite afford a macbook or imac plus I am familiar with windows OS.  I could of went with a hub of some sort but my desktops were already full of stuff.  Anyways I bought the HP Probook 6465b after the store owner swearing it would function just as good as a macbook. IT HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE!  I guess simply for the fact of not going with an intel chip.  My Question, Is there an upgrade im unaware of or a part or two I can buy to fix these issues cheaper than a used macbook or laptop on windows garaunteed to functionas needed?

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
13610 1275 3030
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Probook 6465b

Felltah5

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

There is really no way to significantly "speed up" a laptop, as the most effective way to do this in desktops is to upgrade the processors, and like with the video chips, in laptops, these are not customer-replaceable parts.

Sorry, but the only way to get a laptop with a lot better performance is to buy one with a more powerful processor.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation