cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp Simple Save 500gb Drive Not Recognized

HP Recommended
Hp Simple Save
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hello! I own the HP Simple Save 500gb external hard drive. I mainly used it on my dell computer, which ran Windows 7. Out of no where it stopped recognizing it all together. I got a new laptop after a year or so, and suprise cant get it to recognize on windows 8 either. Normal I would look into reformatting it etc, however, my brothers wedding photos are on it. I would like to figure out how to be able to access this drive again, on either laptop..I still have both, but would prefer the windows 8 one.  Please get back to me as soon as possible! 

-AshleyR092
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
11,938 11,739 1,233 3,631
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ashley,

Sorry to hear this. I am a little confused about your time frame here.

It worked on the Dell until a year ago so you bought a windows 8 computer and it worked on that until just recently?

Or it never has been recognized on the Windows 8 computer?

And when you say "not recognized", you cannot see it at all in Disk Management? is this correct?

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation