Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dee168 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Stream 11 Black Screen

I bought a Hp Stream 11 for wife about a month ago. She uses it for study and occasionally youtube/Facebook. Today when she powered it on it decided to not work. When turned on the Hp Logo comes up, stays on for afew seconds, screen goes black as if it's about to load up, then the Hp logo comgoes black and just keeps repeating its self. Ive gone through the forum for as many answers as I can and nothing has worked. back on for afew seconds, 

1) turned the computer on and kept tapping esc repeatedly until I got the startup menu. In start up menu I get the option for system recovery. Gets to 54% the says error occured.

2) Select f11 for recovery. Then selected troubleshoot and then refresh you pc. Still nothing. Every time Ive tried refreshing, resetting, restoring you name it, it gets to a certain % (mainly stops at 54%) stays at 54% for afew minutes and says error occured.

I leave the charger plugged in while doing it also and yeah that's all that happens. Ran system checks and says everything is fine. It then goes back to Hp logo for afew seconds the black screen etc. Ready to frisbie it out my bedroom window. As I said Ive ready so many helpgul tips on here and tried all but nothing is happeneing.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
3798 201 431
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Dee168,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the computer not booting. I will be glad to help you.

Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :)

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
christinejarvis Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having that same exact problem!!! Were you able to fix it at all? If so it would be great to hear how you did
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation