cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hassan_shakoor Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp fan runs louder now!!

Pavilion 15-ab016nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My hp laptop's fan runs fast and louder now. Whenever cpu usage touch and goes above 50%, fan start to run louder without taking any minute. When usage goes under 20% then fan quiet.
My question is why hp fan run so much quickly?? Just touch 50% cpu usage and fan runs louder enough to make noise in room. Heat sink etc should absorb heat for sometime i guess and hope so...
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Regents Professor Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,598 4,501 384 1,619
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp fan runs louder now!!

@hassan_shakoor wrote:
My hp laptop's fan runs fast and louder now. Whenever cpu usage touch and goes above 50%, fan start to run louder without taking any minute. When usage goes under 20% then fan quiet.
My question is why hp fan run so much quickly?? Just touch 50% cpu usage and fan runs louder enough to make noise in room. Heat sink etc should absorb heat for sometime i guess and hope so...

What do you mean by "now"?  Did you recently install, upgrade, or do anything to your notebook that would make the fan run more often? 

At any rate, I would recommend you first update the HP system BIOS (download link) then see if you still have the same issue.

0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp fan runs louder now!!

Everything is fully updated... Bios, drivers, Windows updates etc...
Now means before time i didn't see fan runs fast and loud.. I installed just couple of games.
0 Kudos
Regents Professor
4,598 4,501 384 1,619
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp fan runs louder now!!

@hassan_shakoor wrote:
Everything is fully updated... Bios, drivers, Windows updates etc...
Now means before time i didn't see fan runs fast and loud.. I installed just couple of games.

Is this while you're running the games?

0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp fan runs louder now!!

Yup almost.... Whenever cpu usage touches 50% whatever i am doing, fan starts to shout....
I was hoping that whenever cpu is working hard, cool sink etc will control the temperature for some time. But just going above 50% fan shouts
0 Kudos
Regents Professor
4,598 4,501 384 1,619
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp fan runs louder now!!

@hassan_shakoor wrote:
Yup almost.... Whenever cpu usage touches 50% whatever i am doing, fan starts to shout....
I was hoping that whenever cpu is working hard, cool sink etc will control the temperature for some time. But just going above 50% fan shouts

Well, the fan runs harder if the system is running hotter so that's normal.  You can try things to make the system run cooler:  use compressed air to blow dust from the vents, replace the thermal pad/paste on the CPU, use an external fan to keep the system cooler.

0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp fan runs louder now!!

But i am guessing that it should not be getting too much so much easily. It just been almost a year. Should i go to service center??
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation