cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
12 11 0 1
Message 101 of 200
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp g62 flashing caps lock

BjBnet - I think I can speak for a WHOOOLE lot of people here: A BIG thank you to you for getting us past the immediate crisis, buying time and allowing us to salvage the info from these duds. Really, it's amazing how many people have benefitted from your insight. I'l be interested to hear more about the baking solution. 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 3
18 18 0 18
Message 102 of 200
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My laptop is down again this morning. The baking trick didn't last long. It might for someone else so if you're willing then give it a shoot. I give up
0 Kudos
Level 1
8 8 0 4
Message 103 of 200
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry to hear that BjBnet!

Is your computer showing the same symptom.....the flashing caps lock, or?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
18 18 0 18
Message 104 of 200
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yup. Same old thing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 8 0 4
Message 105 of 200
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If it's doing the same thing.........have you tried the blanket on it again?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
18 18 0 18
Message 106 of 200
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blanket trick just worked.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 8 0 4
Message 107 of 200
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's good BjBnet!

Back to square one.  I am thinking that if your computer started......that it still could be a poor solder joint issue.

When you did your reflow, what temperature did you set and how long did you go?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
18 18 0 18
Message 108 of 200
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As per the instructions 385 and I did it for 10 mins. I might try it a little hotter next time. This happened with xbox 360 from their first batch some years ago. They were using cheap solder and people were getting RROD.
I have too many things to do in the next couple weeks so I can't bake it anytime soon.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 8 0 4
Message 109 of 200
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK.......Keep us posted!

My reflowed board is still working. Any one else care to post letting us know if your reflowed computer is stll working?

Reflow, I hope yours is!

Curious as to how many users have gone through the reflow process..........

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
15 14 0 6
Message 110 of 200
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My phone lets me know everytime someone replies to this post.. There is no doubt in my mind that The admins at HP know too.. and yet, No responce.  My advice is cut your losses, throw that laptop in the trash, and Move on. This company does not have our best intrest in mind.  I personally will never buy another HP product, and will recomend the same to my customers. 

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation