cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 3
18 18 0 18
Message 181 of 200
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp g62 flashing caps lock

Glad to hear I was able to help many of you get your data back. I finally got rid of my g62, kept the memory and hard and the rest went in the garbage. I just bought a Dell Alienware 14 and love it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
18 18 0 3
Message 182 of 200
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BjBNet-can you believe it has been 1 1/2 years and 18 pages since you first told us about how to fix these machines. You saved a lot of people from losing their data for good, and many, like me, have been able to salvage their machines. Thanks for contributing; it's a shame that HP hasn't acknowledged the problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
18 18 0 18
Message 183 of 200
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm shocked that they haven't replied with anything other than their generic responses. It's a shame, I used to be a big HP fan.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
13 6 0 0
Message 184 of 200
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP doesn't care.  These aren't 1k laptops.  These are the lower cost so they don't give a sh*t about the customers.  I tried a third call and they were acting like they were doing me a favor just talking.  Good news though, they'll fix the $300 laptop for $349.99 plus shipping.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
9 8 0 0
Message 185 of 200
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sadly i paid $1,400 for my tx2 and they pretty much told me mine was junk.  This trick worked for me and I only had to do it once and it's still working great after a week now.  When I commented back and told them about this and it worked all they said was it wasn't an official HP method and they don't recommend it.  I simply responded back that I wouldn't recommend it either, but for people to be able to back up their laptop or save their stuff it's a great method.  Never again will I support HP or buy any of their crap again.  Just because my warrenty ran out doesn't mean you have to treat me like crap and tell me to buy a new one.  I spent enough on this one, I expect it to last long enough to get my money out of it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 186 of 200
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Could be off topic but is there any place to put an Internal Bluetooth in a G62? ive noticed an unused 6pin socket on my board.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 187 of 200
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I also have an HP G62 laptop that began giving the flashing Caps Lock and no POST symptom. Wrapping it up in a towel to warm up and restart allowed me to boot and save all of my data. I reviewed the suggested information on a reflow (by oven or just the GPU) and have decided that the effort involved is not worth the trouble given high likelihood of having to replace the machine soon anyway. Sorry HP, this experience pretty much means we won't be buying another HP as a replacement.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 188 of 200
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a customer who had the same problem. It's my first time to repair a laptop and I'm glad I've seen this forum. I followed the couch trick thing and it really worked fine. but after a restart it goes back to the black screen. My next option is to have the motherboard reflown but it's not available here. I stripped the hp g62, took the motherboard and look for a loose solder point and planned to solder it but whew! the points are so tiny. They have this modified reflow tutorials in youtube where you have to put the motherboard in an oven and heat it. But the temperature inside the oven is uncontrollable and you may end up burning the tiny parts or maybe even the whole board. So I went to the nearby beauty parlor, borrowed a hair dryer (the one that has a heater; set the heater to full heat) and blow dry the whole motherboard. Then it worked fine! I don't have to do the couch trick anymore! Thanks for all your previous experimentations. If you know how to dismantle your laptop, might as well try the hair dryer tick. XD. 

#innovations

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 189 of 200
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We used the wrap-the-laptop-in-a-towel trick for a couple more weeks to keep the old laptop running while we shopped for, purchased, and updated a new non-HP laptop replacement. Without warning then the HP laptop finally gave up the ghost - wrapped in a towel or not. So bewarned: this is a temporary fix and use sparingly just long enough to save your data! It worked for us.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 190 of 200
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem. This laptop lasted me a few years and the battery died and never got a new one. So I just used it with the power cord until I got a new one (which I recently did) but still wanted to get al the pictures n stuff off of the g62. Mine seemed to just die out all of the sudden during a storm and the power went out then back on. I'm also getting all the same effects others did, it turns on, fan is on, but getting a blinking caps button every few seconds.

Read through the first few pages and noticed people talking about putting it on the couch etc. I tried that by putting it on my bed and I do notice the fan gets louder and the laptop is hotter of course but when I try and turn it off then turn it back on, the laptop beeps 15 times and just goes back to what it has been doing.

I tried hooking it up to my desktop monitor but no luck, also tried connecting an hdmi cable from it to my hd tv and nothing there either.

Anyone else have the beeping problem but it still come on?

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation