cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
FrustratedGrady
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Hp laptop (HELP ME)

HP Recommended
HP ENVY m4 Notebook PC
Help!! my HP envy m4 notebook PC stopped working 3 months ago. The computer worked completely fine before that, even better than a normal computer! Then out of NOWHERE it just shut off and didn't come back on. The only thing that worked was pressing control alt delete and then is scape to bring up the menu. At first told me I had a battery issue, which made sense for the sudden shut off. I bought a new battery and it worked, when I did the start up and test again they told me the battery was fine now but I have a hard disk short DST issue. The start up test tell me it is failure id : Q0C6KT-6B980C-RXPK0K-6OV603 and product number: C2M81UAR#ABA. Might I add that every thing else passes perfectly! When I do the Run-in test it tells me the same thing, Hard disk DST failed and same failure Id and product. Please help! This is extremely important! Ask any questions !
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
PeerOne
Level 11
11,219 2,191 436 154
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@FrustratedGrady wrote:
Help!! my HP envy m4 notebook PC stopped working 3 months ago. The computer worked completely fine before that, even better than a normal computer! Then out of NOWHERE it just shut off and didn't come back on. The only thing that worked was pressing control alt delete and then is scape to bring up the menu. At first told me I had a battery issue, which made sense for the sudden shut off. I bought a new battery and it worked, when I did the start up and test again they told me the battery was fine now but I have a hard disk short DST issue. The start up test tell me it is failure id : Q0C6KT-6B980C-RXPK0K-6OV603 and product number: C2M81UAR#ABA. Might I add that every thing else passes perfectly! When I do the Run-in test it tells me the same thing, Hard disk DST failed and same failure Id and product. Please help! This is extremely important! Ask any questions !

That sounds like a HDD failure but since this is In Warranty you need to contact HP to fix it.

Contact - HP Customer Support

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
FrustratedGrady
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It is no longer in warranty, it is quite old. When I do repair computer it comes up with a blue screen that says error code 0xc0000185.
0 Kudos
PeerOne
Level 11
11,219 2,191 436 154
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@FrustratedGrady wrote:
It is no longer in warranty, it is quite old. When I do repair computer it comes up with a blue screen that says error code 0xc0000185.

Then your going to have to replace the HDD. And you'll need to order the HP REcovery media to restore it to factory install to get it working again.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation