Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (105 Views)

Hp laptop i turn it off but somehow it turn back on even pressing power button manually same thing.

Product Name: hp notebook
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello  i am writing my  mother laptop for some reason it acting very odd brand new not even few months old

Ok yesterday her laptop she could shut it down with no problem this morning she going out she turn it off bout close it.. but it decided turn back on not going thru booting it up with hp Icon no went straight away to windows 10 automaticaly.

So i decided to check some program see if anything conflicting it nothing  so i decided to shut it down thru windows 10  power shutdown but still turn back on..  i shut down it with power button but even still turn back on please help me

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (70 Views)

Re: Hp laptop i turn it off but somehow it turn back on even pressing power button manually same ...

Hi @hollowfied,

Welcome to the HP Forum! Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. What is your precise model of HP notebook? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I grasp that previously you were able to power off the notebook. Now when you either press the power button or shutdown from the Windows menu, it still restarts. First please verify what it is set to do when you press the power button. Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Managing Power Options (Windows 10). Once you have determined that it is set correctly, I suggest you do a hard reset. HP Notebook PCs - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset.

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful for my post, kindly click theThumbs Up” below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation