Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Lulu123456 Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp laptop stuck at hp logo screen.

Hey, I'm having a problem with my hp laptop, I bought it 1 year ago, it asked me to download updates, restarted it and now it dosen't boot up.
It shows a hp logo at middle and start up menu Esc at the bottom left. After 30 seconds, it restarts and the same thing occurs again. My model is Hp EliteBook 8470p. I tried hard reset, cleaning the fans, but to no avail. Need help!
9 REPLIES 9
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1506 1473 80 315
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ,,

Can you get into safe mode of any description ? On start up keep tapping f8 till the Advanced boot options page opens  . Next using arrow keys move down to safe mode with command prompt and hit enter . When command prompt opens type   rstrui.exe  and hit enter . This will take you to System Restore choose the restore point that was created BEFORE you did the updates and let it load . This should take you back to a usable state , When you are prompted to do the updates again try installing them individualy rather than all at the same time . This way you can pinpoint the offending update that is causing the issue . Let me know how you get on    Checkurtech

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
0 Kudos
Lulu123456 Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I press f8, It doesn't show anything, and just stucks at the hp logo, only thing I can access is startup menu by pressing esc, which leads to Bios startup and boot options, I have 3 disk, one is for operating system, and other two is recovery, I tried to insert the operating system disk, but it says corrupted file or missing file. Really lost at the moment
0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1506 1473 80 315
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 

Can you try a hard reset , to achieve this  remove all sources of power ( battery . power lead )Hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds then release the power button . Plug the power adaptor back in and see if clearing the cmos helps boot your machine . Let me know how you go   Checkurtech

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
0 Kudos
kalsaqqa Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 1
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Finally,,,, solve it .......................

Check your laptop/desktop FAN

Yes the FAN

You'r welcom

XtineCiann Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Checking the fan worked! Thanks man
0 Kudos
Leepa78 Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 1
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I fix the fan? I'm at wits end with this thing
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 12337 1165 2338
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
james8958 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how to check the FAN?
0 Kudos
Marley2011 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have almost the same problem and im checking for solution but i know that its a bios problem but i dont know how to flash bios
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation