Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Top Student
Message 1 of 6 (1,504 Views)
Accepted Solution

Hp mediasmart dvd - play the avengers blu-ray disc

Hi

I have a hp notebook with win 7 home premium 64bit.

I'm using the HP Mediasmart DvD software version 4.2.2.5122 and I cannot play the Avengers Blu-ray disc - all other bd-discs works fine (tintin,avatar,etc). Does anyone know if there will be an update for the Mediasmart dvd software to support the Avengers disc?

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Hp mediasmart dvd - play the avengers blu-ray disc

Hi,

If you're using HP MediaSmart DVD to play the Blu ray disc, try the following.

HP now provides a version of Cyberlinks PowerDVD 10 which seems to be a better solution.  Download the latest installer for this on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56904.exe

When the download has completed, open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry for HP MediaSmart DVD and select Uninstall - when this process has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows  has reloaded, open your Downloads folder and double-click the installer for PowerDVD 10 to start the installation.  When this has completed, see if your Blu ray disc now plays OK.

Regards,

DP-K

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 6 (1,473 Views)

Hi,

If you're using HP MediaSmart DVD to play the Blu ray disc, try the following.

HP now provides a version of Cyberlinks PowerDVD 10 which seems to be a better solution.  Download the latest installer for this on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56904.exe

When the download has completed, open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry for HP MediaSmart DVD and select Uninstall - when this process has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows  has reloaded, open your Downloads folder and double-click the installer for PowerDVD 10 to start the installation.  When this has completed, see if your Blu ray disc now plays OK.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

Top Student
Message 3 of 6 (1,466 Views)

The solution works great!
Provost
Message 4 of 6 (1,441 Views)

Hi,

Good to hear Smiley Happy

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

Top Student
Message 5 of 6 (1,224 Views)

I've had the same problems playing movies released after October 1, 2012. I installed the cyberlink program that someone suggested. My question is this just a 30 day trial and will I have to purchase something at the end of the 30 days?

Provost
Message 6 of 6 (1,214 Views)

Hi,

If your referring to the version of PowerDVD 10 supplied by HP, this is free - the license is not a trial and does not expire.  One thing to be aware of when using this version is you will see periodically options to 'Update' or 'Upgrade' and it's important to note the difference.  Update just improves the current free version you are using.  Upgrade will take you to a page where you can purchase the latest version ( ie currently Cyberlink PowerDVD 12 ).

Unless you really want or need any of the features of the 'paid for' version, I'd recommend sticking with the free version.

Best regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation