Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Frost8664 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp pavilion g6 will not accept password to start up

Pavilion g6
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
My laptop will not accept my password. A window comes up, startup password. This computer is configured to require a password in order to start. Please enter the startup password below. I enter the password and nothing happens. There are two buttons under the password space, ok, and restart, the pointer is not even on the screen to select one.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Dean Dean
Dean
7947 629 2833
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp pavilion g6 will not accept password to start up

Hi,

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for your post.

Please, enter a wrong password 3 times, confirm and eventually it should produce a code. Take note of this code.

Visit www.bios-pw.org  , enter the code you received and you in return will see a response code in the website.

Take note of the response code for HP computers.

Back to the PC - enter the response code in reply to the initial code  or  use it instead of a password. It should be able to clear the password/security settings and you will eventually be able to modify it with new one if necessary.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

**** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or show appreciation
**** Mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helps **** Thanks !

I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation