cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Masalo32
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Hp pavilion goes straight to system recovery but will not complete

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My computer has decided that it only wants to boot into system recovery everytime I try to run system recovery and put the system back to factory settings it stops about three-quarters of the way through and says that it is not complete specifically it says system recovery is incomplete I also tried system restore but there seem to be no restore points available I even tried installing and old Dell Windows 7 OS but for some reason the system will not boot into the disk
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,386 30,293 2,768 6,695
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Masalo32

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about your system recovery problems and wanted to help -- but need more information.

First of all, we need the detailed product number of your PC: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

Second, I see you're running Win10. Did the PC come preinstalled with Win10? Or, did you upgrade it from a prior OS to Win10?

This is important as the recovery/reset method is different for the two situations.

We can proceed when you provide the answers.

Thanks

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Masalo32
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Pre-installed with win10 it didn't come with an install disc prodID n5p45ua#aba hp pavilion notebook model 17-g130nr
0 Kudos
Masalo32
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
@WAWood
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation