Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Odjohnson Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp pavilion x360 will only charge when the lid is closed or it is off

HP pavilion x360. 13.3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My  HP Pavilion x360 will only charge when the lid is closed or the computer is in sleep mode. I have tried changing any relevant power settings and have already consulted multiple friends. I'm wondering if there's a hidden setting I have yet to discover The HP assistant check said the battery is OK. 

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 some time ago not sure if there is a link to the problem

I saw a thread for the fix for the Windows 8.1 but sure if that will work for Windows 10 tried a few of the videos on you tube  about uninstalling  drivers but they did not help.

any clues please

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
14802 746 1759
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Odjohnson

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I noticed your post that your HP Pavilion x360 will only charge when the lid is closed or it is off. I am happy to look into this for you! 

Please see the following guides: 

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope these guides help! :)

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
Odjohnson Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply unfortunately that did not work the test said the battery was OK

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14802 746 1759
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Odjohnson, 

Thank you for your response! 

Please contact HP phone support for your hardware options. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Best regards! :)

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation