cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
smly Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp probook 450 g1 windows 10 charging issues

probook 450 g1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a customer that ive done a fresh install of windows 10 on a new hard drive for.  On windows 7, there is no issue with battery charging (new battery, new charger)  but when I swap the drive and boot windows 10, the battery reports as plugged in not charging.  Usually around 96%.  

If the charger is unplugged, let the battery die down to 5% or so, then plug charger back in, it charges fine, goes to 100%, then after awhile it says the same thing, plugged in not charging.  (which i see as normal, but pretty sure the hp power mgmt software would report it as still plugged in and charging, try explaining to a customer when they see something as what they think is a problem..)There is no hp peak power manager for windows 10, only windows 7 and 8.1.  The windows 7 or 8.1 version will not install on windows 10.  Tried in compatibility mode for every version of windows known to man.  Anyone know if there is an HP version of power management software tuned for windows 10 floating around somewhere, maybe for a different laptop?  Thank you.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation