Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Safwan1 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp probook 4530s processor upgrade000

probook 4530S
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade my hp probook 4530s's processor from intel cor i3 

which processor can my used ?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
36973 5573 9609
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp probook 4530s processor upgrade000

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

It appears you can install an i7-2670QM Quad Core, but we have had several reports of no go situations when people try to upgrade what had been a dual core to a Quad Core. I suggest if you really want to do it, you stick with the i7-2620M dual core, which would be a significant upgrade from any of the i3 models. 

Post back with any more questions. 

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-i7-2620M-SR03F-Dual-core-Processor/dp/B00PJQE8ZI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid...

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation