Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Caity03 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp recovery manager

Unsure
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Getting error code FFFFFF15 then i click on ok and come up with error code=45D can anyone tell me if this is a motherboard problem and will it be easier for me to buy a new laptop or to get it fixed
2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
45219 4256 10768
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp recovery manager

Please explain in more detail what you are attempting to do when you see the error code.

Are you trying to perform an HP  recovery for the notebook from the onboard HP Recovery Manager?

Did you create USB or DVD recovery media?

You can boot to recovery media to invoke the HP Recovery Manager and perform a recovery. 

You can say thanks for my help by clicking on the Thumbs up .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16380 1315 2235
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp recovery manager

STOP: 0x0000007B or ERROR error code FFFFFF15

This issue occurs when Windows has lost access to the boot partition or system partition, typically the C drive on most installations.  This issue can also occur when replacing the motherboard, and re-using the hard drive with the OS already installed.

Some older versions of Windows will show the description as "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE". 

This is a fatal Windows error, typically called a Stop message, Bug Check, or more commonly the Blue Screen of Death (BSoD). The system is in a forced reboot state. Any unsaved work is likely lost.

Refer to https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/2673509 for details and a resolution.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation