cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Mohitch29 Top Student
Top Student
2 1 0 2
Message 1 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp simplepass not getting installed on windows 10 !

Hp pavilion dv6 7014nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have done clean install of windows 10 on my laptop. and when trying to install hp simplepass(SP71729) for windows 10 i  am getting this error - "apphelp dialog canceled thus preventing the application from starting" and also showing incompatbility with windows 10

please help me with this issue

24 REPLIES 24
JohnRKlein Tutor
Tutor
4 4 1 1
Message 2 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please please someone explain why we are getting this error.

0 Kudos
JaxOnline Top Student
Top Student
1 1 0 2
Message 3 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I cannot update the driver on Windows 10 either.  Screen info below.

My reader is logging me in but I was hoping this update would solve the random flashing of the scanner, very distracting.

Any ideas anyone?

SimplePass update error.JPG

charliemcf Top Student
Top Student
2 2 0 3
Message 4 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too have this error appear whilst updating simplepass. 
Also hp have not included this on the software download section of my model number j114na so it is not easy to reinstall. 

0 Kudos
JohnRKlein Tutor
Tutor
4 4 1 1
Message 5 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The frustracting part is that HP Assistant keeps yelling at me to update the driver and software and I can't because of this issue.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
21881 21700 1856 6912
Message 6 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mohitch29

Depending on your migration path, you may need to update your Validity Sensor Driver and then perhaps install / reinstall your HP SimplePass program.

Edits:  Content Removed

Member has stated that the latest Series 8 HP SimplePass is not working for his situation.

==================================================

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos
mcquainj Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do you know if you have the 8.1 version?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
21881 21700 1856 6912
Message 8 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mcquainj

Full Instructions, Help, and Tips:

Instructions to Upgrade HP SimplePass

See the Section  in the document titled: 

Validity Sensor Driver Version  

Remember that not every notebook uses the same Validity Sensor Driver software -- the fingerprint Reader hardware is dependent on the particular fingerprint hardware installed in the computer.  That means that your computer model might require a different Driver than the computer of your friend, neighbor, colleague, the guy down the road, or another forum member.

Your computer's Website Support Drivers page should list a Validity Driver for your system.  If it does not, you might find a usable driver in the document in Section:

Bits and Drivers

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
JohnRKlein Tutor
Tutor
4 4 1 1
Message 9 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I give up.

I manually updated the driver through the Device Manager since HP Assistant fails to install it even though it keeps yelling at me to do so.

I then tried to install HP Simplepass though HP Assistant and it still showed the AppHelp error message.

I completely uninstalled HP Simplepass and tried to manually start the installer and still that error message.

What I did find out is that Windows 10 has a built in finger scanner service for logging in. Seems to work pretty well.

This software isn't worth the hassel anymore. 😞

Mohitch29 Top Student
Top Student
2 1 0 2
Message 10 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur You are not getting ! problem is not with validity sensor driver as it is getting installed and working properly....... problem is with sp71729 setup.....so either provide the link for some new windows 10 compatible setup of simplepass

OR

@JohnRKlein you are right ..time to give up!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation