cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
piyush443 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp support assitant not installing

Envy k004-tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

When I first opened hp support assistant, it showed that a new version is available. So I clicked on it and it started downloading it but after downloading it showed cross in installation menu. After that I cant access assistant. So i try to uninstall it, it gives me error 1719.

So I deleted all files from the C:\SWSetup\sp74656, and downloaded hp support assistant,and tried to install it but it again gives me error 1719.

Also I cant uninstall it from my pc.

Help

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
41,443 38,142 3,337 13,996
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try running the cleanup tool from Microsoft:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
piyush443 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That was my first call but it didn't work. It shows some of the errors are corrected but when I try to install hp support assistant first I get ERROR 1719 then ERROR 1603.

For error 1603 i even tried msiexec /unreg and msiexec /regserver but still no luck

Help

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation