Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AbualhasanHatif Tutor
Tutor
12 4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp x360 Spectre QHD Battery Life

Spectre x360 13.3 QHD
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My x360 QHD Spectre has a low battery life in the beginning it has a 7 hour life with medium brightness then it's like 4:30 hours with Battery Saver on mode and I already removed bloatware and I only watch movies on it but when I game it's 2:30 hours (Fan gets loud and laptop gets hot) I'm pretty sure the battery life should be 10 hours
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
AbualhasanHatif Tutor
Tutor
12 4 0 0
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I upgrade my battery to a higher one?
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 953 2192
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @AbualhasanHatif,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre 360 x2 and issues with the battery hours. Here is a link that will help. Go into your power options. Select Balanced and click Change plan settings. Click Change advanced power settings.

Please let me know how it goes.

If you wish to say Thanks for my efforts to help, click the Thumbs up to give me a Kudos.  

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
kjabs Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sadly, the Spectre does not live up to its advertised battery life.  My QHD 13" Spectre was also advertised at 10 hours - I could understand getting 9, or maybe only 8, but I did a battery test multiple times and repeatedly come in at about 4.5 hours, just leaving the computer on and not actually doing anything with it!!  It's horrible.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 953 2192
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @kjabs,

Thanks for the information. Did you try to change the performance to balanced like mentioned in the previous post?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
AbualhasanHatif Tutor
Tutor
12 4 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yep...I also did contact the HP support through live chat and they said that it's a 3 cell battery which only hold a 6 hours charge which is a lie because I have over 6 hours of charge with a battery report to prove it
0 Kudos
AbualhasanHatif Tutor
Tutor
12 4 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wait what I meant is they're already set to HP recommend there's no balanced option but I haven't chosen high performance I never changed the battery settings to begin with
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 953 2192
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @AbualhasanHatif,

Oh I did not mean you had change this option. Sometimes a Windows update will do this. It was just an fyi.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation