Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Askic Tutor
Tutor
12 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp4530s switchable graphics check

HP4530s
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello,

I have a laptop HP4530s with intel i5 processor blue sticker on palmrest and one red sticker with word "Radeon graphics".

The model of CPU is i5- 2410 with 2.3 GHz.

Now I know that ATI is producer of radeon graphics so naturally I thought that my laptop has switchable graphics and can choose between ATI video card and internal Intel HD. In device manager video card is recognized as mobile Intel HD graphics.

I have tried to install ATI catalist drivers bu just as many people before me I experienced Blue screens until I didn't roll back the drivers from ATI.

Motherboard chipset is Intel Sandybridge, and for the graphics I can find with CPU-z: Mobile Intel (R) HD graphics, clock 648 Mhz with 1155 Mbytes. My laptop currently uses internal graphics, but how to know if it has separated video card or not?

IN my BIOS I have option "Switchable graphics" but I also have a question mark "?" next to it. So I'm not sure whether this laptop has another Video card or not. How can I really check this?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Intern Intern
Intern
36 5 5
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp4530s switchable graphics check

Hi Askic,

Can you PM me your serial number so I can check your build information? Please do not post it here on the forums.

Thank you!

I am an HP Employee.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation