Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mohamad-pc Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp4540 s probook bios admin password

probook4540s

hi, my hp probook 4540s bios admin passwod how remove or reset to load any usb  or boot active

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Dean Dean
Dean
7948 629 2834
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp4540 s probook bios admin password

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

If you do not know the existing password for BIOS or you have forgotten in, here are your options:

- Consumer class notebooks :  try to enter the BIOS and enter the password wrong 3 times. System disabled message will appear with a code.

Please, write down this system disabled code and visit www.bios-pw.org

Enter the code and you will receive a response code.  Please, use the response code for HP to clear the system disabled BIOS and enter the BIOS and then modify passwords as per your choice.

- Business class notebooks : most business class notebooks (including yours Probook) have better security and the method described above will not work as far as I know. You will have to contact HP Support for assistance on removing the password. Here is how >> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Please, provide back your feedback and do not hesitate to post back if you need further assistance

**** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or show appreciation
**** Mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helps **** Thanks !

I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation