cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AgentHendricks
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I accidentally put the laptop in sleep mode for more than 1 nights, is it dangerous to the battery?

HP Notebook 15- AF149AU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good evening everyone. Last night I were typing on Microsoft Word then decided to put the laptop in sleep mode as I'm hungry and will continue to do my school assignment later. After ate my dinner, I lie down on bed due to feeling full. When I woke up today, I realized that I forgot to do the assignment and shut down the laptop. Is it dangerous to the health of the battery and other hardware? How about using the laptop while charging?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
113,333 103,510 16,281 25,009
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I accidentally put the laptop in sleep mode for more than 1 nights, is it dangerous to the battery?

Hi:

It is not dangerous to the battery, but it will cause it to slowly discharge, just not as fast as if you were running the notebook.

You can use the laptop while it is charging.  It will just take a bit longer to fully charge then if the notebook was off.

Please have a look at this HP guide to getting the most out of your battery...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00596784

AgentHendricks
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, but how about gaming/online gaming while charging? Usually I'm doing that at least 5 hours. For your information, I'm also using laptop cooling fan.

0 Kudos
Level 20
Level 20
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's fine.

The notebook will eventually charge up no matter what you are doing with it.

Just pay attention to the temperature.  If the notebook gets too hot, you should stop gaming and let it cool down.

Heat is one of the the worst enemies of a PC.  Heat causes components to fail.

AgentHendricks
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're a very kind person. Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Level 20
Level 20
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation