Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hdash999 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am not able to boot from USB boot disk on pavilion 15 ab522tx

Pavilion 15 ab522tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have pavilion 15 ab522tx notebook and installed with windows 10 on it. I want to boot linux from USB boot disk but i couldn't enable the USB boot option in BIOS. please guide me.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 336
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@hdash999,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Need assistance in installing Linux on the PC. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

The PC you are trying to install has not been tested installing Linux and it is designed to work best with Windows operating system.

HP doesn’t recommend any hardware/software changes on the PC. Any changes you may wish to do is your sole discretion.

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
hdash999 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok I am not looking for Linux but there should be some process involved to boot from USB bootable drive for Windows OS .

Can i know that process please.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 336
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@hdash999,

I thank you for the reply.

If you are using HP recovery USB drive, all you need to do is to plug it into the port and restart the PC and the drive will be automatically detected to download the bootable content.

I am not sure if that works with Linux bootable files on the drive.

Hope this helps. Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ddowngrade Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I bought a windows 10 laptop, and am in the process of installing via a USB boot as well. If your device is anything like mine, which it should be, you will need to open start menu, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced start-up, restart now to get to bios. Although you mentioned it so I think you already know to do this, just making sure for anyone else who's reading.

From there, navigate your bios to enable legacy booting from a USB, and figure out how to change the boot order. By default it should be a hard disk first, you would want to move USB above that. Meaning that it attempts a USB boot first.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation