Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION G6-2320TX
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

HELLO FRIENDS , i am facing issue regarding not able to boot from recovery disc provided HP dealer while purchasing .Since i had formated my PC  now i am trying to recover it through disc but actually disc no 5 is coming out of drive .Even i had made new Copy of that disc from nero software .Please help me to recover my licence OS and from where i will get my Original OS back now since i do not have Original cd provided by dealer but it was genuine before formating .Also provide me th ebest possible solutions if it was not dobne from since i m new in this .

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @lucky0071, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have issues performing recovery from the recovery discs.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes to your PC?

As you mentioned you got these recovery discs when you purchased the laptop from the dealer.

HP does not ship any recovery discs with their products, Customers have to create the recovery discs using the HP recovery manager.

I think the dealer you told he might not have created the recovery discs properly due to which you have issues performing recovery using the recovery discs.

Also, Try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC is running fine.

Refer this article to know how to run system diagnostics using this link.

If the hardware test passes then please contact HP and order a set of recovery discs.

Link to contact HP.

I'll watch your reply!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is there any more ways actually 1 cd which having contains of factory updates and iso file of 4.7 gb last disc of recovery not working.Is any other way to download that much contain and my pc is also not in warranty .So provide me chipest and effective solution .

HP Recommended

@lucky0071, Thanks for your quick response and time.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

The last disc should be driver and application discs, If the recovery discs creation has not completed successfully you will have issues installing the discs.

Even if your product was under warranty you have to purchase the recovery discs if you don't create the discs.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.