Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dtavarez2 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can access my log in account and tech support tried to help but just made it worse what do I do

Hp pavilion x360
Tech support changed my password but it didn't help seems to me that I can only log in if I'm connected to wifi , but I can't connect to wifi since I can't log into my account. I am the only person who uses this laptop/tablet and there's only one account on here
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dean Dean
Dean
8360 8217 665 3004
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can access my log in account and tech support tried to help but just made it worse what do I do

Hello @Dtavarez2

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

Probably, it's not wi-fi, it's the Internet - I mean login works only if connected to the Internet. From what I understand you use Microsoft account [email account] - not local Windows account ? Correct ?

By default Windows does not connect to wireless connections prior to login if not prior establishmenet has been made re. this. However, if you had a wired connection with cable, that wouldn't have been a problem. However, your PC model does not have Ethernet/LAN adapter.

Here is the official post >> http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-forgot-my-password-can-HP-help... about such issues with forgotten/unknown password or not working password. Please, read it and check if it will help.

If nothing works, you can consider PC reimage (Windows restore to factory default condition) or use your favourite search engine and look the Internet for options for password reset of Windows 10 account. Such options (the second one) is not officially supported as per security practise (user [PC owner] cannot be verified - for example the PC got stolen or user is not authorized to login).

Let me know how it goes.

**** Click on the button below to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helps
**** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or show appreciation
I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation