cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
svrl
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can't charge my DM1-4110et (plugged in, not charging)

Hi,

I just bought a dm1-4110et 1 weeks ago. My battery not working properly since first day.

Details about my problem;

My battery can't charge when notebook working. If I plugged in, Windows says "plugged in, not charging". I've tried ACPI trick and don't work. Led lighting white.

When I turn off pc, disconnect ac adapter & batery and reconnect them, notebook start charging and led ligting orange. But; if I turn notebook on, led turns white.

I've tried bios update, acpi trick, calibrating.. don't work. Probably I need to go service.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Level 17
Level 17
46,973 41,230 4,497 11,731
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you tried doing a factory image recovery from the Recovery Manager to ensure that the isue is not software related?

Do clone your hard disk or perform a Windows backup before you do this to avoid data loss.

If the factory image recovery does not resolve the issue then you will need to send it in for warranty repair. I do hope that you have owned the notebook for less than one year (standard warranty) or purchased an extended warranty. 

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped by clicking on the
0 Kudos
svrl
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes I've tried. But not working.

It's probably hardware error. Because when I see bios post screen, orange led turning white.

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK. Time to send it in. The charging circuitry is in a chip on the notebook's system board. 

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
0 Kudos
svrl
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yep..

I've bought a brand new notebook and it has a battery problem.

Someone said hp is a biggest computer company in the world, right?! :manfrustrated:

0 Kudos
svrl
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, it's not work'd.

like I said;

When I turn off pc, disconnect ac adapter & batery and reconnect them, notebook start charging and led ligting orange. But; if I turn notebook on, led turns white.

0 Kudos
P3RSI4
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have found the solution (Y) , wont tell for free 😄

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Goodbye.

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
P3RSI4
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, here is what i did

1.  Turnn laptop off, remoove battery, reinsert battery, plug the Charger, Charging starts (Orange light)
      But as soon as I start laptop, charging stops.

2. To keep the charging while using laptop, download and install HP Power Manager, during installation you will see laptop is charging again. Solved
3. When you restart your laptop, same not charging occurs. To solve this just go into where HP Power Manager is installed, default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Power Manager, select SCHEME.BAT, you will CHARGING. Place scheme.bat shortcut to desktop, and next time just use the short cut 😄

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation