cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sammy03web
Level 1
5 3 1 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

I can't find my USB stick on my Pavilion Laptop

HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
When I first got my laptop I also got a USB stick with it. I plugged this in and it popped up but I don't know where I found it. About 2 weeks after that I plugged the USB stick in again and it didn't pop up and I am really getting annoyed with this laptop now because I have had to come on here before because of internet problems. Please help as I need to use the USB stick for work and soon I am probably going back to the store to get a refund.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sammy03web
Author
Level 1
5 3 1 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
So if you read above I said that I have plugged my USB in before and I renamed it so that I could easily find it. So what I did was restarted the computer 3 times and it eventually popped up. I made sure that I changed the settings for USB sticks going into my computer, so I know that every time I plug in the USB it would automatically open the USB folder when I plugged it in.

Thanks for the info I am hopeful i won't have anymore problems with this laptop

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
4 REPLIES 4
Photoray002
Level 15
12,679 9,523 1,309 2,557
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Sammy,

What USB stick do you have?

When you plug it in, go to This PC (Computer on older operating systems) and see if you can see the drive listed under Devices and drives.

It will usually be titled either the brand name of the drive or named Removable disk.

EXAMPLE: (The drive letter may not be the same as in the picture)

Removable Drive.jpg

Let me know what you find or if you need further instructions.

Sammy03web
Author
Level 1
5 3 1 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
So if you read above I said that I have plugged my USB in before and I renamed it so that I could easily find it. So what I did was restarted the computer 3 times and it eventually popped up. I made sure that I changed the settings for USB sticks going into my computer, so I know that every time I plug in the USB it would automatically open the USB folder when I plugged it in.

Thanks for the info I am hopeful i won't have anymore problems with this laptop

View solution in original post

Sammy03web
Author
Level 1
5 3 1 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
This solved my problem
Photoray002
Level 15
12,679 9,523 1,309 2,557
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sammy03web wrote:
So if you read above I said that I have plugged my USB in before and I renamed it so that I could easily find it.

Actually No you didnt.

But my first step to troubleshooting the problem the way you described was to first make sure the drive was being seen.

Then the settings could be fixed to always open a windows when inserted, but apparently you jumped the gun on me.

Good luck anyway.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation