cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
FlyingHorse
Level 1
10 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I expected better from HP

Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I just got off the phone with HP customer support and I must say that I am disappointed. I received my ENVY dv7-7233nr in September 2013. During December 2013 and January 2014 I had to send my unit in three times for repair over a six week period! The morherboard, hard drive, monitor, and hinge all had to be replaced. Now a year later yet another failed hard drive and a fourth time that I am having to send the notebook in. This time I spoke to someone in person and asked that the entire unit be replaced or that my warranty be extended by 2 years. All HP could offer me is to send a person to my home to change out the HDD. How is that supposed to give me piece of mind? I could have asked for a new unit last year after the three trips to the repair center but I chose to give HP the benefit of the doubt and kept the unit I had. Now a year later another catastrophic failure and another replacement component that I am just supposed to cross my fingers and hope that it won't break down again.

HP I don't think I'm being unreasonable by asking for a bit of piece of mind. If you can't replace the entire unit why can't you at least extend my warranty 2 years? It would potentially cost you nothing if the repaired unit continues to operate as you've promised me 4 times now. I know you sell extended warranties because you keep sending me emails asking me to purchase them. What would you rather have HP, a satesfied customer who will look to you in two years for their next purchase or loose that purchase to a competitor since you will no longer have any standing with me.

I really used to be a fan of HP for both their commercial and consumer products. Now they too seem to be going down the toilet like so many other once great companies. If somone at HP reads this, now is your chance to restore my faith in you.

Best regards,
FlyingHorse

Product name: HP ENVY dv7-7233nr Notebook PC
Product number: C2N68UA#ABA
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired karol-b
Retired
2,112 1,643 5 32
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@FlyingHorse ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

Cheers,

KarolB

I worked for HP.
FlyingHorse
Level 1
10 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well one week later and no "contact" from anybody. Had to ship the unit back and will just have to take my chances that this fourth repair will be the last but I don't hold much faith.

Thanksfor nothing HP.

Best regards,
FlyingHorse

Product name: HP ENVY dv7-7233nr Notebook PC
Product number: C2N68UA#ABA
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation