Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Michael510 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I forgot my password and had to reset laptop

Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I forgot my password and was told by a HP tech to reset my computer. After the reset all the preloaded software did not come back. I asked HP for help but all they told me was that my lap-top is out of warranty.

I did not receive any recover disk or product key activation codes. What can I do?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
15801 15745 1462 3504
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Michael510

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about problems resetting your laptop and wanted to help -- but need more information.

If you can, please follow the directions in this link to find the detailed product number of your PC: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

If that is not possible, then look for a sticker on the PC that includes the product number and post that here.  If the battery is removable, the sticker is likely to be in the battery compartment.

I see you're running Win10.  Did the PC come preinstalled with Win10? Or, did you upgrade it from a prior OS to Win10?  

If you did the upgrade, how long ago was that, and what was the prior OS?

If there was a prior OS, were you trying to reset it to the prior OS, or were you trying to reset it to Win10?

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18153 18103 1476 2506
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Michael,

As far as i know, Hp doesn't ship any recovery disks with the pc anymore, instead you need to create your own copy of the windows using the recovery media creation program on your pc when you turn it on after purchase.

Don't worry, you can still purchase the Recovery disk from HP for a minimal fee OR get a retail version of windows from a local store and install it on your pc if you have no use for the preloaded software.

I would recommend you call HP for further assistance on : 1800-474-6836

Refer to : http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143

For details about the recovery disks.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation