cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pknapp
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I had to do a system restore to HP Notebook 15 and it restored to Win8.1. It came w/ a free upgrade

HP Recommended

Where or how do I get the Win 10 Upgrade.  I have 3 HP dvds I created but they won't boot and I dont know if they are  for 8.1 or 10.  I cant afford another $20 to buy replacement DVDs.

1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,783 93,440 12,280 26,108
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Buying 3 more DVD's won't solve Windows 10 upgrade problem, they still come with Windows 8.1 only. Please try the following way:

1. Create installtion media (DVD/USB) using the following information,

Create Windows 10 installation media

2. Use the media (above) to install SAME version of Windows 10 on your computer. During the installtion process it will ask for a key, please skip this and continue

Windows 10 will activate when you come online because the key is still in BIOS of your machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation