cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Cory999 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a Compaq presario cq60 laptop and have been having problems with keyboard

Compaq presario cq60-210
Microsoft Windows Vista

I have a Compaq presario cq60-210us notebook pc. I have been hanging problems with the keyboard functioning properly. Most keys do not work, but the ones that do I'll have multiple letters, numbers when pressing one key; for instance, when pressing n it'll come up n6jm7u. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard software with no luck. Not sure if I'm doing this properly, but the diy videos seem straight forward. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
18,542 16,501 1,536 3,666
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a Compaq presario cq60 laptop and have been having problems with keyboard

Cory999

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Laptop keyboards are designed to be light and, as a result, don't hold up over long periods of time, as do external keyboards.  If you get 5 years out of a keyboard you use daily, that is doing quite well.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try: Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎 | HP® Customer Support

Sorry, but this is just a community forum staffed by volunteers and we have no way of troubleshooting or repairing your PC from here. All we can do here is provide links to troubleshooting steps that HP has written, and links to HP drivers.

If those links don't diagnose or fix the problem, or those drivers don't work, your only recourse is to take the PC into an HP Service Center and have them look at it.

Here is a link with information on HP Service Centers: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372730?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0004

Please note that since your laptop is not covered under warranty anymore, the Service Center will charge you to do diagnoses and repairs -- and for a keyboard, that could come to quite a lot.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation