Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
msteddy41 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC,

HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows Vista
Haven't used it in over a year,I forgot the password. When I tried to get into it,the Computer asked me did I have a restoration disc,which I never had one.
When prompted to change password, I put in a new password & held the button down.
The screen says," WELCOME",but when You let the button go,it goes back to the initial [password]
screen.I'm frustrated & disgusted. Paid a lot for this computer.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Dean Dean
Dean
7801 622 2771
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC,

msteddy41 wrote:
Haven't used it in over a year,I forgot the password. When I tried to get into it,the Computer asked me did I have a restoration disc,which I never had one.
When prompted to change password, I put in a new password & held the button down.
The screen says," WELCOME",but when You let the button go,it goes back to the initial [password]
screen.I'm frustrated & disgusted. Paid a lot for this computer.

Hi @msteddy41

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

Please, review this official article and follow the steps for password recovery applicable for your case and operating system >  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-forgot-my-password-can-HP-hel...

What is the operating system ? VIsta ?

Please, elaborate - when/what prompts you for a password change ?

**** It would be great if you give me LIKE - please, hit the THUMB-UP+ button below
**** Mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helps **** Thanks !

I am not employed by HP Inc. I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation