Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Marti3 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have avast fee antivirus.If i add Malware wll it interfer or fight each other .

I downloaded the free antivireus program from avast. i have purchased a Malware programfor protection on my old computer before I transfer it to this computer I want to mae sure it wont compete.please advice

thank you for your help

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14542 1010 1506
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have avast fee antivirus.If i add Malware wll it interfer or fight each other .

Hi! @Marti3, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that you need to know if two antivirus programs are installed will there be a conflict.

Firstly, several antiviruses acting simultaneously mean inevitable system resource conflicts. Each of the antiviruses seek to gain control over a long list of operations: establishing a network connection, writing files, and alike, thus, ‘arguing’ over Windows functions they get in each other’s way. The consequences may vary: from slowing down the system to making it absolutely inoperable or even knocking down both antiviruses.

Only install the antivirus program you have purchased on your PC.

If you are running windows 10 on your PC you don't have to install any antivirus.

Since it comes with preinstalled windows defender program.

Let me know if this helps!

Cheers! :)

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation